When you visit Eden Vale Inn, odds are high that you will want to visit the South Fork American River. It’s in our back yard, and we have water all summer long! Here are the six best ways to enjoy the flow.
- Go white water rafting! Eden Vale Inn offers a 10% discount on your trip with one of the many reputable companies in town. What’s great is that there are many options, from relaxing to thrilling! You can take a shorter, mellow “mid-river” trip that is suitable for children as well as the quiet-at-heart. Or choose a half-day trip with rapids for adventurous fun. For even more excitement, go on a full-day trip that will both soothe and thrill you as you raft through calm and white water! Longer trips include lunch for that full-day experience.
- Hop in a kayak! The South Fork American River is great for both new and experienced kayakers. We can direct you to private lessons, group classes, and local outfitters for your boat and gear. The nearby River Store even has an outdoor pool where you can take a kayak roll class.
- Walk and splash with your dog! Eden Vale is pet-friendly, and there are many riverside areas your pup can catch that stick or swim around with you. We have information about local parks, including Henningsen Lotus Park and Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park, which have beach areas that allow well-mannered dogs.
- Wade with the kids! Families, anyone wanting a gentle stroll, and those in wheelchairs can all enjoy the Dave Moore Nature Area. Its path slopes gradually to the river under shady trees. Head back up after the splashing – or, if the kids have a lot of energy, you can do the whole loop once or more – it’s about a mile around.
- Take a longer hike or ride! Cronan Ranch Regional Trails Park borders the South Fork American River and has 12 miles of trails for hiking, biking, horseback riding, fishing, picnicking and bird watching. Even longer, the South Fork American River Trail appeals to even the heartiest hiker. It’s 20 miles long, connecting Coloma-Lotus with the Folsom Lake State Recreation Area. It always overlooks the river, and at places dips down to it for that refreshing splash.
- Be prepared! The South Fork American River is dam-controlled, which means its water is released on a schedule – and sometimes more often. Be alert at all times of the water level rising or falling, and learn about the schedule before you set out in your boat to have the best run possible. For your protection, life vests are required by law when floating in the river. Make sure to wear sun protection, too, and to bring drinking water and a snack. Those simple steps will help you enjoy the beautiful South Fork American River. Have fun!
While our grounds at Eden Vale Inn B&B are beautiful and peaceful enough that some of our contented guests stay and relax here for their whole visit, others want to explore the beautiful Sierra Foothills, Gold Country, and American River that is all around us. Let us help!
We have partnered with the Placerville Bicycle Shop to bring you 2-for-1 bicycle rentals. We can also arrange for your wild or mild river trip, half- or full-day, with one of several reputable rafting companies — at 10% off! We have water all summer on the South and Middle Forks of the American River. Often your trip starts at just a 5 minute drive from Eden Vale Inn.
Please contact us with 48 hours’ notice so we can match you with the bicycles or rafting trip that is right for you, so you will have a great outing. We love to hear your stories over our breakfast the next day! For more information on these and other discounts, see our Specials Page.
So close to Eden Vale Inn!
Visit the American River Nature Center for
Exhibits – Trail Maps – Books – Hikes – Kids Activities
What else to do near us?
A real hit on Historic Main Street, Placerville.
52 artists, 22 years, 7 days a week.
Open late summer evenings, Friday and Saturday!
See more at Gold Country Artists Gallery – tell them Eden Vale Inn sent you!
Eden Vale Inn has some wonderful dinner options nearby, and this local favorite
in Coloma is “just down the road.”
Delicious food cooked from scratch with healthful, regional ingredients.
Wines, craft beers, and full bar.
Desserts made on-site and from the local bakery.
Dining inside or out.
Live music Friday and Saturday nights!
For more area dining options see our Eden Vale Inn Website.
May Is beautiful at Eden Vale Inn.
It’s the perfect time to pamper Mom with a great getaway!
Our Mother’s Day Special is:
- $50 off any stay, Sunday – Thursday in May 2014
- 50% off a Massage for her
Offer available for new reservations only.
Available for all rooms except the Cypress room.
And yes, this CAN be combined with our Spa Specials and Packages!
You must call us to reserve this special at (530) 621-0901.
We look forward to talking with you!
Valentine’s Day Dinner Feb 14th, and Live Music At Crystal Basin Bistro
Featuring, Bob Rawleigh “The Ultimate Valentine’s Day Crooner”
FIVE COURSE MEAL THAT’S FABULOUS
Only $75 For Two, What a deal (plus tax and gratuity)
First Seating 5:00 pm – Second Seating 7:30 pm
Reservations Required (530) 303 3749 http://www.crystalbasinbistro.com/
ALSO, SATURDAY NIGHT DINNER on Feb 15
3 COURSE DINNER FOR ONLY $17. Opens at 5:30 PM PST
For Reservations call (530) 303 3749
For more area dining options see our Eden Vale Inn Website
The Placerville area has plenty of activities and attractions. Here is a poster for one of the many quality wineries around Eden Vale Inn.
Crystal Basin Cellars a winery near Eden Vale Inn is having a busy weekend. Friday starting at 5:30 Crystal Basin Bistro will have live music, Born Barefoot and great food. Saturday starting at 4:30 THE RIVER CITY UKES will be performing. And Sunday beginning at noon Oktoberfest. Tickets for Oktoberfest are $12 in advance and $15 at the door.
Live music, wonderful people and great food. All of this is happening in Camino, right next door to Placerville. Come join the fun!
Northern California provides the country’s best wines, but Boeger Winery Provides arguable one of the best atmospheres to enjoy it. Every Friday night you can indulge in this heady atmosphere of wine by the glass or by the bottle, beautiful picnic grounds, and a gorgeous backdrop of the California sunset.
Bring friends, family, or loved ones to enjoy Boeger Winery wines as well as the recently opened Heyday Café for some wood fired oven pizzas.
The picnic grounds are open every Friday from 6pm to 9pm. Make sure you get there early, as the gates will close once the parking lot is full. There is a $5.00 admission fee per car. More Information: http://www.boegerwinery.com